Sunday, September 02, 2007

What happened to summer?

Where did my summer go? My son starts 6th grade on Tuesday. I can't believe it. It's his last year of elementary school. I'm not sure I'm ready for middle school next year. I've found that these transitions are harder on Mom than on him!

Here are some pics of my projects from this summer:This is a fused silver bracelet I made. I love how it moves. The beads include lemon jade and freshwater pearls.

Another fused silve bracelet. I made this in a class with Kriss Silva at the Puget Sound Bead Festival. She's a wonderful teacher.

I also took an enameling class. I love it. The two bigger green pieces are going to be a toggle. Now I just need a kiln so that I can continue to play...

I've been published! I participated in a charm swap hosted by Diane Downs. She submitted it to Belle Armoire for the charm necklace call for entries. It's on page 20 of the Sep/Oct 2007 issue. My charm is the round soldered one. Here's a photo of it that I shared a few months ago: Obviously, I need to work on my jewelry photography skills. It's one thing to make jewelry and art. It's a whole 'nother thing to photograph it well!

1 comment:

Shane said...

Nice article. i like ur bracelet , I got my gemstone bracelet from angara.com ....they too have great designs at affordable price...